Welcome!

Welcome to my Therian Saga information page. I love this game, and I’m hoping to help you on your path.

For other information, the best map I’ve seen so far that includes off-site locations can be found here: http://www.shinhan.name/tsmap/

Shinhan's map has become a crucial tool to the game, so I highly recommend you bookmark it.

Another great map and tool is Nighshade's full map here: http://map.theriansaga-wiki.ru/

Also he has a extended version of the game guide, which you can find here: http://guide.theriansaga-wiki.ru/

(There Nightshade, are you feeling the love ;) )

The wiki on Therian Saga is still mostly in French and lacking in a lot of areas. The Game Guide, accessible through the Theriansaga.com 's home page is the second most valuable page online (after shinhan's map) for game information.

Happy Gaming Folks!

All game images copyrighted by Studio Virtys

Monday, November 26, 2018

Killing the Owl


Killing the Owl


There are probably many theories on how to kill the owl, or at least a few, and I’m not saying my way is the best. That being said, many people have asked about killing the owl, and since I do it pretty much daily, I figured I’d share my approach.

First, the set up. Now I realize that not everyone has 69 leadership, so I’ll cover how I did it before then too. But for now – here is my set up.




Poison (there are better pierce poisons out there, but this is the easiest to mass produce for me)



Potion (again, better ones out there, but easiest to mass produce for effectiveness)



Other potion option (in case you’re looking for a better boost, this is the one I use if I’m going on a BC spending spree on owl, there are better ones in runic)



The most important component here is your effective pierce attack. You want it as high as possible. Your hero’s damage to the owl is your best weapon in this fight. You will not be using your hero to defend your comps.

Tip: Thanks to IF on the forums for this juicy little tidbit.  Queue something like a little walk before accepting the fight with owl to give you a few extra seconds. (don’t put poison on til the last second, you don’t wanna waste one on a random encounter) Queue the owl fight, then queue a walk to your local guild arena. You will get the fight bonus from the dummy you have there AND it will be effective during your owl fight. (this would work for iriza too). You can hit record pierce attack scores with this manoeuvre. (For as long as the devs allow this “glitch” anyhow).

The next on the list of important to-do’s is your hills skills. Bring your hippo with you. If you’ve got a set of Similian Olkgu clothing, put it on. Get yourself the elementary heart all maxed out for hills on a bracelet and equip it.  If you don’t have a 5.0 emperator, use your 5.0 pierce tali.

So here’s the set-up with the arena bonus on main



And this is the owl’s stats. (they do vary, I got lucky on this one rolling a low pierce def)


(oddly none of these little owls have a shield buff. They usually do)
So, the basic way to do this is

Pay attention to who hits owl harder, Boar or Gan (boar has the hills bonus, gan doesn’t so it’s not just about the gap in the stats – watch to see who hits harder)

#1 Main, Boar + Gan on big owl, golem on a little owl without a shield, lady defends boar
#2 Once lady is dead, cover boar with golem
#3 Now is where you use your knowledge from paying attention to who hits harder. If gan hits harder, cover him with boar. If boar hits harder, cover him with gan.
#4 When gan or boar dies, cover main with whichever is left
#5 Eventually it’ll be you and the owl. If you manage to kill him before he kills you, then pick off whatever is left of his little buddies.

And there ya go!

So that’s the straightforward way.

Another option, and this one I only do if a) there is a little owl without a shield buff, and b) Big owl’s slash def is uber-high.

Fight goes like this:

#1 Main and Gan on Big Owl, Boar and golem on little owl without shield buff, Lady covers Main (idea here is to take out one little owl with boar and golem)
#2 When lady dies, switch golem to protect boar and put boar on big owl.
#3 Follow the regular steps from above.

If you don’t have 69 authority, the set up I used was Boar, Gan, Golem, Rowan (and hippo for hills in the party but not in the fight)  Rowan takes the place of Lady for above step out.

If you have any questions, or if you want to share your own tips for killing the owl, leave a comment below and I’ll get to it as soon as possible

8 comments:

  1. Nice guide.
    Just one question - why you need Lady in fight itself and not something else ? Thought you just need her in team for defence boost, but not in fight itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also i thought land scores (and hero total defence scores, not armor values) only affect chance to hit/chance to dodge. But not damage itself .. am i wrong ?

      Delete
    2. You are right. I think he meant, that you do more dmg when you hit the enemy :D

      Delete
  2. Lady can take more than one round as defense. She's pretty awesome in the fight. The way i understand it, the high hill score increases your chance of dodge and critical hits. (I could be wrong though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know Lady can actually tank there. Critical hits, huh ?... more like damage being randomized within certain window of min-max. But may be land scores indeed can affect getting max value more often - no idea to be honest and i was not able to find clear info on how land affects combat in TS (except dodge chance).
    Thanks for sharing info once again, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you find the +5 Emperor parts?
    I identified about 500 artifacts and didnt got any of them... Is there a special place to find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I got 3 5point parts in my first 1000 IDs. 2 in my second thousand, then I was lucky if I got one during the next many rounds of 1000 IDs. (I do them in batches of 1000) I have at least 5 of the effigies left, no lockets though. I've heard they are available through the necro artifacts, but I've gotten them from the noble artifacts.

      Delete